Invité
Invité
Re: Tromperton, Jeu 21 Avr 2011 - 20:20
Great,I like this city !
johnmayor
Nouveau Membre
Aucun Tromperton - Page 2 Bar_150_3

Update - Hammond, Lun 9 Mai 2011 - 3:25
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy my posts. I will attempt to post more frequently, but it is not easy. I appreciate all of your comments, especially the ones regarding the layout and look of my city.

Tromperton - Page 2 Postcardi

Growing with you, for you.

Hello again! It’s been an eventful past couple of years in Tromperton. As expected, most of the northwest corner of the city was developed and a new borough was established. This of course came after some changes were made to the original borough that will be addressed later in the update. But first, I would like to introduce you to Hammond.

Tromperton - Page 2 23467695

After all of the original neighborhoods where completed, the city council took time before laying the foundation of the newest borough. An exploratory council was created to evaluate the city’s needs and aspirations in regards to the new additions. Items they considered in their study included desired population, density requirements and limitations, jobs, aesthetic appeal, attraction of tourists, and wealth of the city/population. Once a plan was created, a new developer was brought in to design the neighborhoods. This provided a fresh look to the developments, parks, and attractions. As always we will start the presentation with a basic road map.

Transit
Tromperton - Page 2 Transit

As seen in the updated road map, all new development is based off of the new McKinnedy Drive. This road is the life line of the new borough. The road intersects Phil Stephens Parkway to the North and the newly named Monroe Highway to the south. The road is also the only way to get up and down Mount Cullman. These mountain passes can be seen below.

Tromperton - Page 2 Mountainpasses

Both passes are approaching max capacity due to the sheer volume of people that live on top of Mount Cullman. There are plans for a new pass to alleviate the pressure off of McKinnedy Drive, but this will could be a few years off.

Neighborhoods
Tromperton - Page 2 Neighborhoodp

So far there are three new neighborhoods within the new borough of Hammond. This includes a executive and skilled worker neighborhood along Carlson Canyon, a unskilled worker and skilled worker neighborhood to the north, and a urban hub along the river to the south. There are also plans for a new university and college neighborhood to be developed in the valley to the north of the river.

Bluffdale
Tromperton - Page 2 Bd1e

High atop Mount Cullman sits the prosperous Bluffdale. The neighborhood is known for its wonderful views and convenience to the borough’s downtown. The canyon side of McKinnedy Drive is populated with by the neighborhood’s executive workers while the other side contains subdivisions for skilled workers. The vast majority of this area was zoned low density, however some lots near the major roads have been zoned medium density to allow for condominium construction.

Tromperton - Page 2 Bd2u

Situated one block from the cliff to Carlson Canyon is Bluff Park. The park contains a small marketplace that surrounds a Ferris wheel which is all in front of a lake. The park has several walking paths and is always crowded with active executive families.

Tromperton - Page 2 Bd3ya

The most appealing feature to the neighborhood is the amazing views along Carlson Canyon. Above you can see the view of the river as it winds towards the borough’s downtown.

Waddlesberg
Tromperton - Page 2 Wb1v

Waddlesberg is currently the largest neighborhood in the city. The neighborhood also straddles McKinnedy Drive with the unskilled subdivisions to the north (the image above faces the south) and the skilled neighborhood to the south facing the valley below. For most of the unskilled subdivisions, a 3x7 grid pattern was used. The rest of the road designs followed the free forming roads that are common in the city.

Tromperton - Page 2 Wb2xh

In the center of the neighborhood lies Lake Potter Park. The park is split by McKinnedy Drive and borders both skilled and unskilled neighborhoods. Similar to Bluff Park in Bluffdale, the park has open marketplaces near a Ferris wheel and a museum. The lake is also surrounded by walking paths in an attempt to help promote a healthy community.

Tromperton - Page 2 Wb3

The newest addition to the city is the Christ the Developer statue. The statue sits at the edge of the neighborhood looking over the rest of the city. This helped provide large amounts of leisure to the very bored population. This has also become the number one tourist attraction in the city with plans for hotels near the complex on the way.

Flumenton
Tromperton - Page 2 Ft1ks

Flumenton is the newest urban hub in Tromperton. The developers knew that the original downtown could not support the growth of the new borough and that a new city center was needed for the suburbs that were proposed. Flumenton is everything south of McKinnedy Drive and east of Monroe Highway. The east side of town contains several medium density residents for skilled workers and executives and the west side of is medium density office space.

Tromperton - Page 2 Ft2tg

Along the river is a boardwalk containing several residences and businesses on stilts. This has also become a popular location for tourists locals alike. A similar stilt neighborhood was proposed in East Brighton along Riverside Drive but never came to fruition. Above you can see the river as it winds into Carlson Canyon.

Tromperton - Page 2 Ft3g

Keeping with a tradition in the city, the downtown area is filled with several parks and open green space for the residents and workers in the area. There are also several hotels surrounded by green space scattered throughout the blocks within the community.

Changes to Original Borough

While all of the new development was going on, city officials made sure to not turn their attention away from the existing residents of the city. This included several small scale road widenings and additions to public services. However there are two changes that have severely changed the landscape to the city and the way the residents live their life.

Bus
Before the new borough was constructed, the city knew it had to do something with the traffic problem in the existing borough. Many roads were at capacity and were threatened by commutes to new areas of the city. Too much development had occurred for any large scale road widening projects so the city opted to develop a small bus system for the 5 original neighborhoods.

Tromperton - Page 2 Bs1m

The goal of the bus system is to move commuters to and from the two largest employment hubs in the city. Bus depots were constructed downtown and at the high-tech park in West Brighton. Three lines were developed out of each of the depots servicing the three most populous areas of the city: East Brighton, West Brighton, and Northside. Sudden Valley was left out of the system due to its low population and Sunset Ridge was excluded due to controversy over the future of Sunset Ridge Bridge.

Tromperton - Page 2 Bs2dx

The goal before the development was having ridership at 50% capacity. Currently, the system is being used at 30% capacity. This could be because of how long each route is, the fact that they are traveling through mainly low density neighborhoods, and because of how affluent the neighborhoods the bus system services are. Still, the creation of the system was able to make the traffic in the city bearable and severed as a great experiment for the city council moving forward.

Sunset Ridge Bridge
As mentioned in the previous post, one of the most controversial issues in the city was the construction of the Sunset Ridge Bridge. The monstrosity spanned over an executive suburb and was a visible blight to every home and office in the city. After several years of complaints from the residents of the city, the bridge was replaced with a tunnel in the exact same location.

Tromperton - Page 2 Sr1vz
Before
Tromperton - Page 2 Sr2k
After

The demolition of the bridge and the construction of the tunnel took several years and cost millions for the city. The entire process further alienated the residents of Sunset Ridge. For 5 years, the only way the residents of the neighborhood could visit the city was to actually leave the city through the adjacent city’s connection point on the north side of the community. After the tunnel was completed, the executive suburb was reconstructed and life returned to normal.

Future Plans.
The most pressing issue to the city now is the education problem. A sufficient number of elementary, middle, and high schools have been placed throughout the city however the citizens just don’t seem to be getting any smarter. After several years of shipping their 18 year olds off to different cities for a college education, the residents of Tromperton has elected to construct a new university in the heart of the new borough on the west side of town.

Tromperton - Page 2 11444752

The map above shows the level of education available to the residents with red indicating poor access and green indicating generous access. Hopefully the new university will bring a higher level of education to all residents of the city and attract new businesses. The ground breaking ceremony will occur later this month with the first semester of school coming four years later.

[note] I should note that the graphics card of my computer is being pushed to the edge whenever I take these pictures. That can explain why in some shots you will see trees and in some you will not.

aurelien11
aurelien11
Membre Chevronné

Re: Tromperton, Lun 9 Mai 2011 - 3:29
Tromperton - Page 2 717641 i like!!!
Calimero
Calimero
Membre Émérite
2 3 Tromperton - Page 2 Medaille_bronze_ico Tromperton - Page 2 Bar_150_3

Re: Tromperton, Lun 9 Mai 2011 - 10:02
Cool, I like the coast but built forest on your hills. Smile
Tawfik
Tawfik
Membre Émérite
2 1 3 Tromperton - Page 2 Bar_150_3

Re: Tromperton, Lun 9 Mai 2011 - 11:42
Wow it's very nice. I appreciate the little lakes Very Happy. You managed to make a very interessant city, the system of roads is very complete Very Happy.

I'm waiting for your forthcoming post Very Happy.
Good Luck.

Dernière édition par tfk59 le Mar 10 Mai 2011 - 0:44, édité 2 fois
manurust
manurust
Animateur du forum
Tromperton - Page 2 1 2 2 Tromperton - Page 2 Bar_150_3

Re: Tromperton, Lun 9 Mai 2011 - 17:53
good job, you mastered geometry between the curves and straight

Tromperton - Page 2 Banire-2

Vous n'êtes pas responsable de la tête que vous avez mais vous êtes responsable de la gueule que vous faite.
Tromperton - Page 2 Comita13
Veyron
Veyron
Membre

Re: Tromperton, Mar 10 Mai 2011 - 0:17
I love your typical american suburb with the houses lined Tromperton - Page 2 591898

L'homme n'est pas fait pour travailler, la preuve c'est que cela le fatigue.
Oscar
Membre Émérite
1 2 Tromperton - Page 2 Bar_150_3

Re: Tromperton, Mar 10 Mai 2011 - 0:47
Great job, beautifull city ! Tromperton - Page 2 482166
Photos are wonderful Smile
It will be even better if there where more of pics Smile
Clamato
Clamato
Membre Émérite
1 4 Tromperton - Page 2 6 6 Tromperton - Page 2 Bar_150_3

Re: Tromperton, Mar 10 Mai 2011 - 7:32
Nice city....i like the way you build on the hills's top..... Razz
Kitsunebi
Kitsunebi
Membre

Re: Tromperton, Mar 10 Mai 2011 - 9:33
Nice city... I like "Flumenton" most Very Happy and I'm glad you changed the weird bridge to a tunnel - it looks so much better now Wink
Contenu sponsorisé
Voir le sujet précédentRevenir en hautVoir le sujet suivant